Property Accountant Overview
NAI Hiffman is the largest, independent real estate services firm in the Midwest, providing leasing, management, tenant representation, capital markets, project management and marketing services for institutional and private owners and occupiers of commercial real estate.
It currently leases and manages an 89+ million square foot portfolio of more than 700 commercial properties throughout the region, with a primary focus on metropolitan Chicago. With more than 200 employees, NAI Hiffman is the Chicago-area representative for NAI Global, the world’s largest managed network of real estate service providers, with more than 6,700 local market professionals managing more than 380 million square feet of property. NAI Global has more than 375 offices strategically located throughout North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.hiffman.com
NAI Hiffman, Chicago’s leading commercial real estate firm and Crain’s Chicago & Chicago Tribune Top Workplace, is seeking to hire an energetic, driven individual to fill a Property Accountant position located in Oakbrook Terrace.
- 5+ years of experience in Real Estate property accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- MRI and Yardi experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi task
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- The ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Effective team player who also possesses the ability to work independently
- Hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday
- Prepare full financial packages for institutional ownership clients
- Calculates distributions and funding requests
- Check for ACH’s and Lockboxes if Accounting Assistants out of office for receipts
- Create/Update Accounting Property Information Sheets
- Field Questions from staff & assist with training of new staff if needed
- Update Tracking Schedules
- Enter Billing Adjustments and tenant reconciliations
- Set up tenants in accounting software’s
- Enter and approve Management Fees in Nexus (payables software)
- Assist and/or lead special projects
- Work with Auditors – Pulling info and communicating
- Cash Management (Example – Check cash for open payables)
- Communicate with Property Managers if funding is needed.
- Communicate with Property Managers with any Financial Statement type questions (accruals/reclasses)
- Process and record mortgages
- Complete and process bank reconciliation
- File Uploads to clients
- 10 – 15 Properties
Ready to Join our Top Workplace?
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY!
Please fill out the form below.