Property Assistant Overview
Start your career in commercial property management with NAI Hiffman!
NAI Hiffman is the largest, independent real estate services firm in the Midwest, providing leasing, management, tenant representation, capital markets, project management and marketing services for institutional and private owners and occupiers of commercial real estate.
It currently leases and manages an 89+ million square foot portfolio of more than 700 commercial properties throughout the region, with a primary focus on metropolitan Chicago. With more than 200 employees, NAI Hiffman is the Chicago-area representative for NAI Global, the world’s largest managed network of real estate service providers, with more than 6,700 local market professionals managing more than 380 million square feet of property. NAI Global has more than 375 offices strategically located throughout North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.hiffman.com
NAI Hiffman, Chicago’s leading commercial real estate firm and Crain’s Chicago & Chicago Tribune Top Workplace, is seeking to hire two energetic, driven individuals to fill two Property Assistant positions located in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois.
- Workplace experience preferred (but not required)
- Must be detail-oriented and a motivated self-starter
- Computer proﬁciency in Microsoft Ofﬁce (Excel, Word, Outlook) required
- Adobe Acrobat experience preferred
- Experience in Yardi and/or MRI is a plus
Qualified Candidate Attributes:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have basic understanding of structural building systems
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Team player who can work independently
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Have basic understanding of the services performed at the building as well as applicable contract language ( i.e. Engineering, Janitorial, Landscape, Asphalt, etc. )
- Illustrates a desire to grow and improve the business and team
- Tenant /vendor relations
- Engineering/maintenance coordination
- Work order implementation/tracking
- Process of A/P Invoices (scanning, coding, entering and obtaining proper approvals)
- Maintaining tenant/vendor certiﬁcates of Insurance log and ensuring proper insurance is placed
- Lease abstracting
- Assisting in the monthly property reporting process including variance writing
- Assisting in the budgeting preparation process
- Assisting in the tenant CAM/RET reconciliation process
- Provide additional administrative support in a variety of capacities including special project assistance, purchase orders, contract preparation and utility log maintenance
Ready to Join our Top Workplace?
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY!
Please fill out the form below.