Senior Research Manager Overview
NAI Hiffman is the largest, independent real estate services firm in the Midwest, providing leasing, management, tenant representation, capital markets, project management and marketing services for institutional and private owners and occupiers of commercial real estate.
It currently leases and manages an 89+ million square foot portfolio of more than 700 commercial properties throughout the region, with a primary focus on metropolitan Chicago. With more than 200 employees, NAI Hiffman is the Chicago-area representative for NAI Global, the world’s largest managed network of real estate service providers, with more than 6,700 local market professionals managing more than 380 million square feet of property. NAI Global has more than 375 offices strategically located throughout North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.hiffman.com
The Senior Research Manager manages NAI Hiffman’s research department through compiling, analyzing, and reporting on market statistics and comparable data, primarily for office and industrial properties, in the Chicago commercial real estate market. These statistics, comparable data and market knowledge are distributed to prospective and existing company clients as well as the internal brokerage staff through detailed, published quarterly market reviews, trend-focused multimedia deliverables, customized client reports, industry events, content-rich internal communications, and industry newspapers and publications. The Senior Research Manager assists with educating clients and the internal brokerage staff through attending and reporting on select industry events and conferences, tracking trends in the commercial real estate market, and presenting in client and brokerage group meetings. This position is responsible for the quality as well as the quantity of market sales and lease comparables. Additionally, the Senior Research Manager is responsible for preparing materials for and participating in new business pursuit meetings.The Senior Research Manager directly manages two full-time Research Associates.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of professional experience in real estate analysis, market research, or related field
- Market researcher experience in obtaining and compiling detailed and meaningful lease and sales comparable data
- Understanding of commercial real estate terms, practices, and trends
- Extensive database and systems management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Excel, visual basic and other authoring language knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of RE Applications and CoStar
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Assertive, with an independent work style and ability to engage in a team environment
- Resourceful with an understanding of and commitment to client service
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software titles preferred
- Maintains detailed databases to analyze real estate market statistics including vacancy, occupancy, net absorption, construction activity, market rents, sales and leasing activity, and comparable data
- Maintains detailed database tracking of internal lease transactions, listings, etc.
- Compiles data, completes statistical analysis, writes, and publishes extensive quarterly and annual market reviews summarizing trends and forecasts for more than 40 industrial and office submarkets in the greater Chicagoland real estate market
- Assists in developing and distributing multimedia-based research deliverables to provide unique insight into trends in the commercial real estate market with the marketing team
- Produces client-specific statistical reports
- Prepares content for and presents in new business pursuit meetings and internal brokerage group meetings
- Provides new content and deliverables through thought leadership to enhance the company brand and deliver additional market education in conjunction with marketing and leadership
- Attends and summarizes select industry events and conferences for distribution through the company’s social channels, while networking within the commercial real estate industry
- Coordinates with industry newspapers and publications through providing statistics, charts, and quotes for trend articles
- Creates custom maps and drive time analyses using multiple mapping software titles
- Delivers regular research-focused internal communications and manages and improves efficiency of various internal processes
Ready to Join our Top Workplace?
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY!
Please fill out the form below.